Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Join the Revolution!


Because Monday was "Family Day" here in Ontario (a silly new stat-but-not-quite-stat holiday...weird), we didn't have our Weight Watchers meeting, so I won't have any updates to report until next week! But, in lieu of "Weigh-In Wednesday", I thought I would make a post that focuses on positive body image. My friend, "Liberty Post Editor" posted this on her blog yesterday, and I love it!


It's called the "Red Shoe Revolution", and I'd love for you to join me. I really couldn't say it any better than it was first written, so *pretty please* read here : http://libertypostgallery.blogspot.com/2009/02/join-red-shoe-revolution.html


Basically - as women, we need to love our bodies, and not accept criticizm from others. You don't need to live up to the waif-thin image that society has placed on a pedestal - love "you" for who you are! I know that this is a bit of an ironic post, from someone who is trying to change her body image by losing weight. But there are so many things, "imperfections", if you will, that I love about my body, and wouldn't dare change!


*I love my stretch marks - they may spread across my belly like a road map, but they document a beautiful road travelled - pregnancy. Pregnancy is a time in my life when I had never felt more beautiful and proud of my body. I'm still amazed that I was able to create such beaty and perfection as my babies!


* I love the scar just below my right knee. It is a reminder of a surgery that I had a few years ago, and the strength I found in myself during the recovery period. It was the most difficult thing I've experienced physically, and I'm proud of myself for the determination I had to get through my physiotherapy.


* I love the scar on my abdomen from my cesarean sections. It will be a constant reminder of the day my children entered this world, and the love that I found on those days.


* I love the scar that remains from my belly-button piercing. When I see it, I am reminded of my teenage years and the fun I had. A time when I wasn't ashamed to bare my midriff - I'm working hard to get back there.


* I love the scar and the bump on the left side of my nose, that I got when I broke my nose on my 16th birthday. It was a bit of a hard day, because I was away from my family - but I still had a great time because I was surrounded by friends. I also learned that day, that downhill skiing would never be my forte!


* I love the freckles that sprinkle my nose and cheeks in the summer. They make me feel cute, and more unique.


I could go on and on - I have lots of little things that some may see as flaws, but they make me who I am - and I *Love* Me!


So come along and join me in this revolution - post this lovely image on your blog, and pledge your undying love for Yourself! Take that, society! :P


Hey, if it has anything to do with "shoes", I'm in! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment