Thursday, February 26, 2009

Two.




My little baby girl turned TWO on Tuesday. I keep asking myself where the past two years have gone, because they seem like a complete blur - this past year in particular. While I was pregnant with Austin, and since he's been born, the time has disappeared in the blink of an eye. In a way, I feel like Abigayle has been cheated of some of my love and attention, while my time has once again been consumed by nursing, burping, diaper changing, soothing...not so long ago she was my one and only baby, and my time was reserved for her. In the past TWO years, I've had TWO babies - wow, talk about a life change!

She really is growing up before my eyes! Every day she's mastered a new skill, or blurts out an unexpected word. I think back to when she was born, and was a helpless (though determined!) little babe in my arms - and flash forward to now, two years later. She's not a baby anymore - she's a full-blown toddler! Toddler. That feels so strange to say - I think I'm in denial. She can't have reached toddler-hood already. But here we are, in our "terrible-two's"...tantrums, power struggles, testing physical and (mommy's) intellectual boundaries! She's still just as determined and defiant as the day she was born, just on a larger scale.

I've been sappy and sentimental...I'm an emotional girl, what can I say? But we did have some fun, too! On Tuesday night, we had our family over for dinner. Abigayle partied the night away surrounded by the people who love her most - what better way to celebrate your Birthday? There was lots of food, cake, and of course presents! The theme of the night seemed to be "Cinderella", her latest obsession - she's her Mommy's girl, believing in fairy tales already!

I do miss the baby we brought home from the hospital, soft, pink and tiny. But I love the little lady she's turning into, just as much and moreso; each new change and accomplishment is something more to love! Last night, my rambunctious little cinderella asked if we could snuggle on the couch - how could I resist? We curled up with a cozy blanket and she fell asleep in my arms - until we carried her to her big girl bed, she was my little baby for just a little bit longer.

Happy Birthday Peanut! I can't wait to see what trouble we can get into in the year ahead :)

I Love You! xxoo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie! Still waiting for your "sweatpants post". :-)

    There's an award for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete