Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thank-You, Thank-You!


I've won an award! And the best kind that you can win - one that's awarded by your peers :) Since I've been nominated by two of my girls, I figured it was about time that I accepted and started writing! Thanks MaryBeth and Michelle!

The rules of the award state that I must list seven things I love, and then to pass the award on to seven bloggers I love to read. Here we go!

7 things I love - aside from the obvious or previously mentioned...(my husband, kids, horses, family...)

1. Music. I love music, and can't imagine a day passing by without listening to something - anything! I'm not biased, I love all genres and eras. You know that tv show, "Don't Forget the Lyrics"? Yeah, I pretty much rock - I should be a millionaire by now, if they'd only let me on the show ;) Growing up with a Dad who is a DJ guaranteed that there was always something playing in the house - I'm surprised that we never had noise complaints against us, and that none of our windows were ever shattered. Did I mention that Dad likes LOUD music? So loud that the entire house vibrates and you can feel it all the way to your toes? They say that scent is the most powerful evoker of memories, but I disagree - every song I hear on the radio takes me back to a specific part of my life. Whether good or bad, I'm taken back to moments in time that are so vivid I could reach out and touch them. Music is also like...therapy. There is a song fitting to every situation in life, and nothing feels better than hearing it blare on the speakers and belting it out - it's cathartic. Most of my performances will be sung into my hair brush behind closed doors, and I've learned that car windows aren't soundproof...but you can't pass up a good song :)

2. Pink. The colour, not the artist (I do enjoy her though!). I know, I know, I said I'd talk about things that weren't obvious - but I can't help it. It's a sick obsession, I know. I would live surrounded by pink if I could - it makes me feel giddy and giggly and girly and silly. I don't buy anything unless I check to see if it's also available in pink - and have even purchased things solely because of this selling feature. You can imagine how excited I was to have a baby girl - I was told by my husband that this was the only situation where I would be "allowed" to have a pink room in our house...I held out to decorate the nursery until after she was born, "just in case".

3. Food. I love preparing, and eating it (just not cleaning the kitchen afterwards...). You can imagine how this love has gotten in the way of my weightloss goals in the past! It's rewarding to go through the process of creating, and then eating your "masterpiece". I like the challenge of new recipes, testing my skills and having the finished product look just as beautiful as it did in the recipe book. The way different scents, flavours and textures interact with each other...yummy!

4. Shoes. I know, I'm starting to sound like a "Valley Girl", but I love shoes! "Like, totally, for sure!" ;) I used to have a HUGE collection (probably close to 30 pairs), but due to wear and tear and outdated fashion trends, some of them have moved on to a "better place" (ie. not my closet, so I can make room for more). I love how just the "right" pair can make or break an outfit. It doesn't matter if I already have 3 pairs in an almost identical style...I always need a different colour, to match another outfit! And the higher the heels, the better! I have short legs, and they need all the help they can get. I've been walking in heels looooong before my Mom's shoes would fit me, and I laugh because Abigayle has developed the same obsession. Ted has no idea what he's in for...men, they just don't understand! I will admit that since having children, my collection has shrunk and become less of a priority...but I'm working on it.

5. Baby Animals. You have to be pretty sick NOT to love baby animals, right? I think that the *best* job in the world would be to work with baby critters. I used to have big dreams of working in the veterinary field, and always dreamed of what it would be like to work in a zoo nursery. Instead, I've "downsized" those dreams...I'm planning to be a Miniature Dachshund breeder, and in the (probably very distant) future I also plan to breed Paint and Quarter Horses. How could you not want to play with puppies and foals every day? Yes, I know theres a LOT more than "playing" involved, but the rewards outweigh the work. Right now, if I need my "baby fix" I can go out to the barn and let a calf suck on my fingers, and I can usually find a few barn kittens to admire - from a distance, those things are small but mighty! Yowza!

6. Living in the Country. I will admit that it's a drag to have to drive at *least* an hour to get to any major "city", but I love it out here. I hate people, crowds, traffic, noise, concrete, pollution...you get my drift? I love being secluded - but not too secluded, we do have neighbours. I love that my kids can play in the yard and I don't have to worry about their ball rolling into traffic...if their ball makes it out our laneway, I'm contacting the major leagues! I love that if I sit outside, the only sounds I'll hear are nature, and usually the hum of a tractor in the distance. If someone drives down the road, we look out the window and usually know who it is, and where they're going.

7. Horror Movies. I'm a nerd, I know. They're cheesy, predictable, and usually over-the-top (the same reason I also love Musicals!). I've found myself on a quest for a horror movie that will actually scare me. And not just the "a killer is going to jump out of the closet" type of scare. I mean a "leaves you clinging to your popcorn bowl on the couch, afraid to get up and go pee" type of scary. My husband has given up on me, he couldn't possibly sit through another cheesy flick, so I make sure to watch them when he's not home. And the kids are in bed. On a dark and stormy night... *MUA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!* BOO!

And now to pass on the nomination! 7 Bloggers I love, and would like to learn more about...(I'm sorry, I don't know how to link properly!)

1. Angela, from "Thatch" the Journey...Now in Progress

2. Lisa, from "All Liam. All Cohen. All Adria. All the Time."

3. Dani, from "We are Outnumbered"

4. "Liberty Post Editor" from, "Liberty Post"

5. Kate, from "Does this Newborn Come With a Manual?"

6. Kelly, from "A Goddess Rising"

7. Amanda, from "All Aboard the Blog Train"

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! Thanks for the props... I'll have to figure out how to reciprocate.

    ReplyDelete